Roller Coaster

Someone who has lymphoma told me that it's a roller coaster of emotions.  Sometime between this post and the last, I had an appointment to go over my results.

It was a very good appointment: bone marrow, bone sample, blood work all came back good.  The CT scan showed 2 very slightly enlarged lymph nodes.  One centimetre or less is normal.  My two were each 1.2 cm.  The doctor says that typically when someone is first diagnosed the CT scan usually shows a half dozen or more nodes each 7 or 8 cm.

My wife and I were prepared for the worst.  We thought I'd be getting chemotherapy.  As it is, I have 3 months of watchful waiting and then another CT scan and more blood work.

Thanks to all my friends and family for their out-pouring of prayer and support.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

1969. Good Bye, Montreal -- I forgot to say it then so I'll say it now

Health Update

My Last Day of Teaching