hyper web changes

Yesterday I went to an educational workship hosted by the DSBN. The speaker was Will Richardson from New Jersey. He said that the current education system is failing our children because we're not learnin' 'em about wiki's and twitter and netiquette and stuff. He said they're using it all, but they're using it badly and we're clueless. He made a strong case that our future (our present, really) will look very different than our not too distant past. He kept using the word "transparency" w.r.t. privacy. Ie. our concept of privacy will be radically different than what it once was.

My head is still spinning as to why I should use twitter and delicious.com and wiki's and ustream.tv and on and on...

Comments

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good to see you are at least exploring this concept. Remember the internet is not a separate thing that our teens use but rather it is an expression of self. Kinda like Tie Die! Or maybe even guitar!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I agree Rocco, Twitter makes no sense to me at all. I type too slow to use it. Delicious.com is cool but still not necessary. I think the future lies within the development of "cell phones" and what you will be able to do with that technology. Love the blog man!!

    Michael Bowes

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

1969. Good Bye, Montreal -- I forgot to say it then so I'll say it now

Health Update

My Last Day of Teaching